Ingrown Toe Nails Treatment in Miami
Ingrown toenails are a common condition in which the corner or side of a toenail grows into the soft flesh. The result is pain, redness, swelling and, sometimes, an infection. Ingrown toenails usually affect your big toe. Ingrown toenail symptoms include:
- Pain and tenderness in your toe along one or both sides of the nail
- Redness around your toenail
- Swelling of your toe around the nail
- Infection of the tissue around your toenail
Left untreated or undetected, an ingrown toenail can infect the underlying bone and lead to a serious bone infection.
Initially debridement and soaking may relieve painful ingrown nails, your doctor may trim or remove the ingrown portion of the nail, but if pain persists a partially removal of the nail (small portion of nail) may be indicated. Before this procedure, your doctor may temporarily numb your toe by injecting it with an anesthetic. Removing the nail and tissue. If you have the problem repeatedly on the same toe, your doctor may suggest removing a portion of the nail along with the underlying tissue (nail bed). This procedure may prevent that part of your nail from growing back. Your doctor will use a chemical, (phenol)
Your doctor may also recommend using topical or oral antibiotics, especially if the toe is infected or at risk of becoming infected.
What Sets Us Apart?
- Over 25 Years of Experience
- Bilingual Office Services (Spanish)
- We Are Invested in Continuing Education
- Caring, Healing Touch With Patient Compassion
- Specialists Treating Heel Pain With Platelet-Rich Plasma